Sunday, April 26, 2020

Vegetarian experience update final week

Hey everybody. I am in the final week of my 30 day vegetarian experiment. Today is sunday, and Tuesday will be my final day 30. I will provide more reflections after I am done, but for now just wanted a quick update on how its going and a couple meals I have been eating.

I weighed myself this morning, and actually gained a few pounds. This could be attributed to the fact that I am not as active and burning as many calories as when I am going to the gym. I am still working out of course, nearly every day.  I also continue to eat a lot as I have been for a long time now. That includes 5-6 meals a day. I have been trying to gain muscle weight for a long time and find it very difficult. Eating vegetarian has meant eating alot of beans, which are very filling due to their heavy fiber content. This does have a tendency to increase the possibility of abdominal discomfort, which I experienced a little of. I also have been eating a lot of healthy fats, which are higher in calories than their carb and protein counterparts. This includes walnuts, almods, eggs, olive oil, avocado, natural peanut butter, ect.

Physically I have felt pretty good. Not all that different than I did before. I ate pretty healthy before anyway, so this doesn't surprise me that much. It's not like I am cutting out junk, processed foods or something, which I never eat alot of anyway.  Mentally I have been feeling a little down , but I don't  think that is due to my diet. That is more due to this corona virus thing, and other factors.

Now for some foods I have been eating this week:

Mini eggplant pizzas. These were really good. Used non-dairy cheese.


White bean chili. This made alot, and i ate it several times this week. It was pretty good, but gave me gas. I did eat a lot of it though.

Lentil loaf. I really liked this one. Had a vegan bbq sauce on top. Only complaint was the thyme, which felt like little sprigs of hard grass.


Tofu scramble. Finally figured out how to use tofu. Turned out decent. A good egg replacement. Actually tasted like egg. I put peppers, onion, turmeric, black pepper, and fried in vegetable stock.

Thats it for this week. As always thanks for checking me out. Its much appreciated, and i will check back when this thing is all done. Take care and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment