Sunday, April 19, 2020

Vegetarian experience week 3

  I've completed week three of my vegetarian experience.  I am proud to say I have had no meat in those three weeks.  I honestly have not had that difficult of a time with it.  The hardest part is going out.  The choices are much more limited obviously. There are still many options, however. It actually allows me to try some things that I wouldn't ordinarily try. For example, we went out to cheesecake factory and I got the fish tacos.   I've never had those before, and it was quite good.
  One day I did have a problem. I ran out of pre-made meals and was searching for a dinner quick.  I decided to throw some things together from the fridge. I had some leftover brown rice, tofu, and chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce. I've used the peppers before, and don't remember them being that spicy. I mixed all of that together. After one bite my mouth was burning, and it wouldn't stop. The peppers were about a week old, and I reheated them, which might have been why.  I couldn't eat it. I had to settle with my salad and some yogurt. Needless to say I still need to learn how to cook with tofu, a vegetarian staple.
  The other thing I've learned thus far is that success in eating healthy is all in the preparation. I prepare most of my meals on sunday, and some the night before a day. This allows me to eat healthy all week long. Without preparation I would be scrambling for meal options, and probably choose something less healthy.
  My energy has been good. I've been getting my workouts in as usual and am feeling pretty strong, and my endurance seems better.  Weight wise i haven't noticed much change. Maybe a loss of a pound or two.
  Here are some other meals I ate this week:
  A chick pea fajita bowl, which was really good. Had a lime, rice vinegar, and spices dressing.
Black bean brownies. Turned out really good. Actually pretty sweet due to agave.
Thai brown rice, veggie, and quinoa bowl. The spices made this one.
Homemade black bean with rice veggie burgers and roasted sweet potato fries. This turned out really good. My favorite meal so far. I was full for hours after.
  As always thanks for reading. Stay strong and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment